6 Best PC Fan Reviews in 2021 | Top Options for Optimal Cooling
There is nothing that will kill your computer faster than overheating. Your data can be damaged, your computer can have a decreased life overall, and you can find yourself dead in the water just doing something as simple as trying to check your email. This has happened to me as I try desperately to breathe life into my older computers that hold all of my information. It was two computers too late when I discovered the magic of a good fan. So that’s why I’m here to share the best PC fans with you. I also recommend some of the best PC cases under 100 USD which I also reviewed.
[Best PC FAN Overall]
[Best For The Money]
4.8/5[Best For Durability]3. ARCTIC P12 PWM PST – 120 mm Case Fan with PWM Sharing Technology
TOP PC Fans Buying Guide
If you’re looking to buy the best case fans on the market, you need to have a general idea of what you need to be looking for. By looking at the important information about the case fan before you buy it, you are ensuring that you will make a smart decision.
You definitely want to consider the cooling capabilities of your fans before you commit. For instance, did you know that many big fans move as much air as small fans? They simply spin slower than the smaller fans, meaning that you can get more bang for your buck with a smaller, high-quality fan. Are you looking for airflow or static pressure to cool your PC? Airflow fans tend to be quieter than their static pressure counterparts, and are more easily assembled into different areas on your PC. However, if your PC has limited space and you need to forcefully move hot air, you may consider a static pressure system.
You don’t want to buy something if it will merely break within three weeks of use. Determining how durable a fan system is will be vital to maintaining your PC. Broken computer fans can create tons of complications with your machine overall, so make sure you’re not making unwise choices.
Best PC FAN Reviews
[Best PC Fan Overall]
- Hydraulic bearings for low friction and increased lifespan means you can invest in these fans
- Powerful fan with the ability to adjust the RPMs means that this can power large cases
- Intense 16 separate RGB lights provide tons of visibility and an amplified look to your space
- CORSAIR iCue software can bring your lighting system to life for an enhanced aesthetic in your setup
- Quiet operation means that you can truly focus on your gameplay
|Corsair LL Series LL120 RGB 120mm Dual Light Specifications|
Noise Level24.8 decibels
RPMsAdjustable between 600 RPM to 1500 RPM
These fans provide everything that you could want in a PC fan. Ranging from the ability to control the airflow to the incredible patterned LED lights, these fans are high powered and produce great results for any user. If you need more airflow, the answer is simply to increase the RPMs. If there is too much air within your build, just decrease them.
The hydraulic bearings are phenomenal assets for the fans themselves, lending them durability and allowing them to spin without any friction or inhibition. Not only does this mean that these fans can go way longer without being replaced, it means they’re quieter as well.
If you want a fan that adds a creative flair to your space without sacrificing the need for quality airflow, this is a great fan for you to add to your setup. This is currently attached to my own system, and since installing these fans I’ve only seen increased productivity from my PC. They are basically silent unless I set them to performance mode, in which case they make far less noise than other fans I’ve used in the same setting.
These fans may become a permanent part of my setup, due to their quality and ability to handle whatever is thrown at them. They’re durable, stylish, and adjustable, making them great additions to any build. Colors are easy to control through the software provided with the fan. And most importantly, they’re wildly efficient for gaming. You never have to worry that they will stop working or that your system will overheat.
If you’re looking for a set of quality RGB fans but don’t want to risk quality for color, this is the fan you need for your build. I’d go so far as to say that this set of Corsair fans will blow you away.
- Low sounds
- Adjustable lighting, including patterns
- Adjustable RPMs for total control of your cooling
- iCue programming may not work well with old models without updates
- The cables are not sleeved, which may cause issues for more inexperienced users
[Best Budget PC Fan]
- Incredibly high-performing fan that works on any system that requires large amounts of airflow, meaning you can trust the fan to complete its job every time.
- Pressure-optimized blade design for a quieter fan, meaning you don’t have to listen to a constant roar of sound
- Virtually silent at idle, compared to other high-performance fans
- Most affordable Noctua on the market for the size, quality, and utility
|Noctua NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM, High-Performance Cooling Fan Specifications|
Noise Levels12.6 db/a
If you want a fan of tremendous quality, you tend to look for Noctua fans for your PC. However, these fans can run at a pretty high price point, meaning that unless you’re willing to dedicate a chunk of money to making your setup, you may find yourself disappointed. That is, until you look into the NF-P12.
This fan is powerful. And by that, I mean that it is full Noctua quality while simultaneously not carrying a high dollar price tag. It’s fast, nearly silent, and carries a high CFM, meaning that you are buying a cooling system that will perform for your build.
You can also control the rate of speed on this fan, up to 1700 RPMs. At the full 1700 RPMs, the fan can be a little loud, however, this product always performed at 1300 RPMs and kept my entire system, which is prone to overheating, very cool.
These fans do not move around once installed, and are made with pressure-optimized blades in order to continue spinning with as little noise possible. At idle, they are completely silent.
The materials this fan is developed from are also top-notch. Firstly, they’re not brown (thank God.) The sleek design of these fans give a beautiful, neutral quality that you can trust will blend into your build. If you are looking for the same level of quality and design in a more expensive Noctua fan, you will find it in this fan.
This is one of the best PC fans on the market for the price. You simply cannot beat it.
- Extremely affordable
- Very quiet
- Understated, to go with any setup
- Large quality of airflow
- Noctua quality on a more realistic budget
- If it is not properly cared for, it can become loud over time due to friction in the bearing
[Best For The Durability ]
- Adjustable speeds so you can control the level of sound and the amount of air in your system
- Seamlessly synchronize your fans through the ARCTIC PWM Sharing Technology, allowing you to get to what you want to be doing more efficiently, and to balance your build
- Especially effective on heatsinks due to its redesigned blades that are optimized for static air pressure
- The fan has recently been redesigned with a newly developed motor that has a low coil temperature, allowing you to replace it far less frequently
- Can be daisy-chained together to give you a synchronized and optimized system
|ARCTIC P12 PWM PST – 120 mm Case Fan with PWM Sharing Technology Specifications|
Noise Levels0.3 Sone at 1800 RPMs
BearingsFluid Dynamic Bearing
This fan is incredibly reliable for providing quiet, full air to your systems. I installed this set of fans in my build and kept that setup in my bedroom, and because of the quality of the fan and the way they are developed and aligned, they were absolutely silent.
If you need a fan that can perform at high levels, for gaming, for old computers, for large setups with intense CPUs or radiators, then this fan is a great fit for your setup. It provides the chill necessary to keep your systems running without the intense levels of noise that can come with other products that run at 1800 RPMs.
Synchronization is made easy because of just how adjustable this fan is, and if you’d like, you can daisy-chain these fans to make a system that runs smoothly without too much thought. Installation is easy. They’re also very cheap compared to other fans that run at similar speeds and at even more sound.
Another brilliant thing to consider is how this fan could potentially save you money. Because of its design, it uses considerably less power than other powerful fans. Leaving this fan on will not kill your battery, and it won’t run up your energy bill as quickly as other high power fans.
- Adjustable speeds from 200 RPMs to 1800 RPMs
- Redesigned blades for static air pressure
- Synchronizing fans is easy
- If the user is not knowledgable about daisy-chaining, your fans may produce a high pitched noise
- Wires may require maintenance if you are using multiple fans together
- Beautiful spider frame with LED RGB lights adds an incredible touch to your setup
- Two steps fan speed adjustment means that you have options and the ability to stop “fixing” your computer and get back to what you were doing quicker
- A controller provides total access for you to dictate the speeds of your fan and control the cooling
- Comes with an anti-vibration pad, to increase the longevity of your machine
- Air-balanced fan with hydro bearing means that this fan will perform for you for a long time
|ABKONCORE SP120 PC FAN Specifications|
Noise Level Not available
These are some gorgeous fans. The unique spider shape is stylish, and the LED RGB light additions to the fan make these an almost glamorous addition to your setup. The frame itself can be controlled by means of color, speed, and color effect with one simple remote, giving you total control over your build.
Not only do these fans look great, they also perform very well. The hydraulic bearings consistently keep the fan from developing outrageous noises, and the ease of installation is almost unmatched.
These fans run so quietly not just because of the bearing. The kit they come in includes an anti-vibration pad. This not only decreases the level of noise you may hear from the fan, but increases the life of your build because of the lack of wobble and friction.
The remote that this fan set comes with is very understandable, and a great addition to the kit. I honestly love these fans, especially for their look and color, and you cannot beat the price point for what you receive.
- Sleek, attractive
- Controlled by remote
- Easy to install
- Fans are very quiet
- The kit that these fans come in may not be an entirely universal kit
- Incredible LED light style design for adding a top-of-the-line look to your setup
- Hydraulic bearing self-lubricates in order to provide a longer life for your fan while simultaneously reducing noise
- Made with anti-vibration rubber so that you don’t have to deal with loud noises
- Can be connected to the Gigabyte motherboard for easy connections and control
- Color is vibrant and evenly spread across the fan due to the clear rubber fan part
|UPHERE 3-PACK LONG LIFE COMPUTER CASE FAN Specifications|
When I pulled these fans out of the packaging for the first time, I was blown away. The blades on the fan are clear. And at first I thought this may cause me problems because I didn’t necessarily want to see the inside of my machines. However, when I installed them and flipped on the LED function, I was mesmerized.
The clear blades allow for the LED light to basically take up the entirety of the fan. It was a pool of color that provided great aesthetic value to my setup.
And not only was this fan set beautiful– it was also incredibly reliable and durable. The hydraulic bearing kept this fan running longterm, and the rubber itself was anti-vibration to keep the noises reduced.
When I bought these fans, I assumed they would be cheap. However, they are made out of durable, high-quality materials, and spin at a respectable level without producing too much sound. Needless to say, I really have enjoyed these fans and think they look great on my build.
Some people claim that these are of the same quality and caliber as the stock fans that come with your build. I’d say that they run a little bit quieter and potentially will last far longer if you take care of them.
If you want the full RGB fan effect, you do have to buy a pricepoint up. However, with the fan that you get and the beautiful and intricate systems you can create, it’s definitely worth it if you want that pure RGB look. There is, however, not a remote, which means that you do have to manually make changes.
- Vibrant colors
- Moves air well
- Self-lubricating bearing
- Does not have as advanced RGB function capabilities unless you buy up
- Does not come with a remote control
If you have ever spent time around a loud computer fan, you know exactly what I’m talking about. Roaring PC fans are more than distracting and can be indicative of other problems with the machine. Cheaper fans tend to be louder, meaning that you can invest in quality for both peace of mind and peace in your space.
There are tons of factors that can go into your fan creating noise, such as the space, the materials used to build the case, and how quickly the fan moves, but investing in a good fan means you don’t need to be as concerned about constant noise.
Sufficient Airflow for Bigger Cases
This seems like a no-brainer, but sometimes something as vital as “does this fan move air efficiently in my larger case” can be overlooked. When investing in a computer fan, be sure to check out the technical specs of each product to gauge if it can move air the way that you need.
The spec that I most consider is the CFM, or the Cubic Feet Minute. The higher the CFM, the more air is moved, and the quicker it is moved. Pairing the CFM with the RPM will give you generally the efficiency of the fan. Keep in mind that if you have a well-ventilated case, or your case has multiple places to install these fans, you don’t necessarily need a high-powered fan.
High airflow fans are often a good choice for people who need accurate air movement in bigger cases. Sometimes, you have the option of installing multiple fans, and if it’s the case, or if you’re creating your own build, installing multiple fans can give you the necessary airflow while letting you keep a quiet pc fan.
If you want to add a little flair to your setup, you can add an LED light to your fan itself. Not only do these look beautiful, they also provide extra lighting to your space. If your days are too long, or you game into the night, having these extra lights can really add brightness to your space.
These LED lighting fans can be a little expensive, so this lighting is not necessary to have a great build. Typically, lights only add to the aesthetics. However, if you are looking to make your setup unique, this is definitely a way to add some personalization to your space.