How To Play PS4 On Laptop Screen With HDMI For Beginners?
You’re a PS4 beginner and you wonder how to play PS4 on a laptop screen with HDMI? As you don’t have or can’t use the TV screen, playing PS4 becomes difficult to carry out!
However, your problem is solved now! If you want to know more about how to do it, then our post is what you need. Let’s discover it now!
What Is Ps4?
PlayStation (PS) is the name of a home game console developed by Sony Computer Entertainment. PlayStation is a combination of Play and Station – which means its original orientation as a device/station multifunctional entertainment: Play Music, Play Video and Play Game.
This game console of Sony has gradually dominated the market and gained its popularity from users. Entertaining at home with friends and relatives by a gaming console, how great is it!
What is Playstation? It’s a multitasking entertainment machine. On the Playstation 2 (PS2) console, you can watch DVD movies besides playing games.
On the PS3 you can surf the web and play games on PS2. On PS4, Netflix, and along with a bunch of other entertainment features.
The features of the Ps game console are always advanced at each generation and the latest now is the Ps4. Obviously, Sony’s goal doesn’t stop at games though that’s their strength.
PS4 is the latest and most optimal product generation at the moment. There are 3 product lines in this fourth-generation: PS4, PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro.
The noticeable improvements in all three product lines are faster game loading speed, sharper graphic design, and smoother running.
In addition, the difference between PS4 and can also be used to watch movies on Netflix, Youtube in 4K quality and used to play music through the USB port.
Although there are some limitations on the configuration, features, and price, PS4 is rated as one of the most worth-buying game consoles at the present time.
What Is HDMI On Laptop?
HDMI or High-Definition Multimedia Interface Is a connection standard that allows the transmission of images and sound through a cable to a large projection screen like a TV screen while still ensuring high resolution.
HDMI is the main port for video display. 4K video and sound can’t be sent by VGA cable, so HDMI is the best choice for transforming quality. Besides, information sent through the HDMI port or cable is uncompressed digital data.
Images output from 20-40 frames per second for HDMI 1.4 and 60 frames on a wire with HDMI 2.0.
Moreover, the HDMI port is capable of sending audio information quite well, not only audio but also surround sound audio. Because of those reasons, the HDMI port is very popular with electronic devices.
About HDMI cables, they are divided into 5 types:
- Standard HDMI cable: only supports up to 1080i / 6oHz resolution.
- High-speed HDMI cable: supports up to 1080p resolution, Deep Color, 3D format.
- Standard HDMI cable with Ethernet: similar to standard HDMI cable but has an additional Ethernet line.
- High-speed HDMI cable with Ethernet: the same as high-speed HDMI cable but has an extra Ethernet line.
- HDMI Automotive cable – supports connecting HDMI transmitters to in-car HDMI devices.
How To Play Ps4 On Laptop Screen With HDMI?
Everyone has to admit that the PS4 is a great entertainment device. You can put it in the living room and connect to the TV screen.
If you don’t have access to the TV then don’t worry we have an alternative solution for this. You can try connecting your PS4 to the laptop screen. This will be easy and we will help you do it.
The laptop screen sounded like an amazing choice.
Hmm…How can we connect them?
Don’t worry! Get the answer down below!
Play Ps4 On Laptop Screen Via Remote Play
Remote Play is a free application on Sony’s Playstation website, which allows you to connect PS4 to your windows laptop or MacBook and You can enjoy playing games anywhere.
For using Remote Play, you need these things to carry out:
- Good laptop that can play video (such as these under 800, under 1000, or around 2000, most of which have an i5 or i7 core)
- Your PS4
- USB cable or DUALSHOCK 4 USB wireless adaptor
- A real account for PlayStation Network
- Internet connection, high-speed is prefered\
- LCD or LED TV Screen
You are confused about why we need to have a TV screen here when we play PS4 with laptop screen? In this method, you need to reset and tweak some setting of the PS4 system with a TV screen before displaying it on the laptop screen.
Now, everything is ready, let’s get started!
- Go to https://remoteplay.dl.playstation.net/remoteplay/ on your web browser like Chrome, Safari, etc. You will see the display of a Playstation website that allows you to download the app for connecting PS4 with the laptop.
- Select the latest updated version and download it to your laptop. Remember that the latest one will be the best choice of speed, effects, etc.
- Next, you have to move to downloaded files in your laptop and start the installation to run this app.
In addition, you need to update your PS4 to the 3.50 version. If you haven’t updated yet, you can download the latest version on Software Update.
- Open PS4 Remote Play. It has a blue icon with an image similar to the DualShock controller. You can find the PS4 Remote Play app in the Windows Start menu or in the Applications folder on a Mac.
- Then, start connecting the DualShock 4 controller to your laptop. You have to connect the controller and the available USB port on the laptop through a USB cable.
- On the right of the touchpad, there is an Options button on the controller and you need to press it. After that, log in to your PS Network account. Type the email address and password and remember to make sure that they are associated with your PlayStation Network account in the PS4 Remote Play app.
- Now you need to reset elements such as color, configuration, contrast, etc. As usual, 1080p is the best choice for resolution but we recommend that it’s just suitable for laptops which have a strong configuration.
- After finishing the reset, PS4 will be streamed and displayed on your laptop screen. Then, time to enjoy!
Pros and cons of this method
- Easy to install and use
- Quick and convenient
- Don’t need to pay money for extra tools
- Need to prepare TV screen
- High-speed Internet is required for better connection
- If the laptop has a low configuration, the displayed image on the laptop screen is also in low configuration.
Alternative post: How To Using Gamecaster XSplit?
Play Ps4 On Laptop Screen Via Video Capture Card
Using a capture card is one of the easiest ways to play PS4 on laptop screen that you can compile a laptop screen into a display screen for gaming.
If you choose this method, you have to prepare some devices and tools below:
- Your Laptop
- PS4 system
- HDMI Cable
- Video capture card
- Enabled sharing file
- Firstly, you should enable sharing files for the beginning; this will be a big help later on. Find “Setting” in the PS4 menu, then you will choose Network Setting. Next, choose the Internet Connection Setting and find your wifi/internet connection name or address to connect.
- Prepare a video capture card that can help you connect your Laptop to PS4 perfectly.
You are wondering how we can connect a video capture card with PS4 and Laptop?
- Now, it’s time for the connection of the video capture card and your laptop by the USB port on the laptop took place. Besides, you have to search for and install the necessary software based on your card to make it run smoothly and correctly.
- Next, you have to connect the video capture card to your laptop, this process needs an S-video connection cable which means you have to connect the HDMI income on the card to HDMI outcome on PS4.
- Finally, you have to open the software combining with your video capture card then plug in the PS4 power cord. After that, the software will search and display the interface and applications of the PS4 on the laptop screen
What you should notice in this for the display image to have high resolution and sharpness, you should enable fullscreen mode.
Pros and cons of this method
- Easy to find devices and tools
- Quick and convenient
- Can be used for most of laptop
- Need to pay for the card
- Who are not familiar with technology will need time to handle it.
Have you had your answer to the question “How to play PS4 on laptop screen with HDMI?”? We hope that this article has provided you with useful information and especially, helping you solve the problem effectively.
Now, you already have a guideline and know how to do it, why don’t you make a try? Don’t hesitate anymore, start now!