How To Formatting a USB Flash Drive to NTFS
"I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post."
Although every memory card or USB storage with appropriate capacity also allows you to save the application, but first you need to format (format) it in the format / NTFS.
To check whether the storage device is already formatted using NTFS or not in your memory card or USB drive into the computer or tablet, then open the File Explorer application.
Next, you find a mobile storage device of his, right-click the icon of the drive there (or tap and hold on the screen if the touch), select Properties.
File system information in line will tell you the mobile storage device is used has been no standard format.
If it is not formatted as NTFS , you need to copy all data on an external storage device to your computer (or tablet), and then perform a format devices. Still in the application window File Explorer, right-click the icon corresponding to the USB storage or a memory card, then select Format . In the dialog box that appears, in the drop down menu bar in the File System, select the value NTFS and then tick the option Quick Format, and click Start to begin this process.
When finished, you should take the initiative, “birth” a subdirectory on external storage devices with names like “Windows 8 apps“, “Win8”, to contain all the Windows subdirectory will be created during the installation of applications that you download from the Windows Store.
This is the most important stage. However, to be able to make changes to the settings in the “brain” Registry of Windows, make sure you own Windows account with administrator privileges.
First, you open the interface of Windows 8 or 8.1 Start, type the phrase Regedit, and a list of Search results appear to suggest applications for you.
Next, you click the file to open Regedit and follow these steps:
1. On the main interface of the application Registry Editor, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ appx.
2. In the left pane, right-click on the lock appx (or pressing and holding hands on the touch screen), and then click Permissions .
3. In the Permissions dialog box, you click Advanced .
Select the Advanced button in the Permissions dialog box for appx.
4. Then in the Advanced Security Settings dialog box, click on the link Change at the top and close the label TrustedInstaller. Click the link Change to change administrative privileges.
5. Type the content administrators in the dialog box, then click Check Name and continue the button OK .
Forward lock appx administrator account administrators.
6. Stay in the Advanced Security Settings dialog box, you check the option Replace owner on subcontainers and objects near the corner of the interface, then click OK. Confirm “pressure” administrative rights to all key settings related to appx.
7. Returning to the Permissions dialog box, select the item Administrators Group and usernames list, then set the property to Allow Full Control option, and finally click OK to finish. Please allow account administrators are in full control in the Windows Registry keys.
8. Return to the main interface of the application Registry Editor, double-click on items in the window PackageRoot right. This is the place for you to adjust to install applications on the SD card or USB.
9. In the Edit String dialog box opens up, you enter the path to the folder that you created earlier, and click OK .
In the Value data field, enter the path to the folder created in the memory card or USB storage, such as win8apps.
Finally, restart the computer (or tablet) to the setting just made to take effect. From now on,
you can be impartial download and install apps from the Windows Store directly onto a memory card or USB storage, instead set them straight to memory or hard disk storage capacity, tight capital of tablet and laptop.